The mission of the Community Foundation of Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives is to improve and advance quality of life in areas supported by Ohio’s electric cooperatives and their employees. To that end, the foundation supports charities, programs, organizations, and cooperative industry initiatives that meet the guidelines below:
- Electric cooperative-affiliated 501(c)(3) organizations
- 501(c)(3) organizations in which electric cooperative employees are actively engaged
- Charitable activities that are:
- Associated with international rural electrification efforts.
- Provide financial assistance to families of electric cooperative employees that are injured or killed in the line of duty.
Grant recipients to-date include:
- Association of Louisiana Electric Cooperatives - disaster relief efforts
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network
- Capital Area Humane Society
- Colony Cats
- Common Ground Free Store
- Cooperative Development Foundation
- Darke County United Way
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library of Ohio
- Florida Electric Cooperatives Association - disaster relief efforts
- Human Connections Fund
- JR Memorial Cruise for a Cure
- Kentucky Rural Disaster Relief Fund and local relief efforts
- LifeCare Alliance’s “Meals on Wheels” program
- Ohio Governor's Imagination Library
- Ovarian Cancer Alliance of Ohio
- Project Ohio
- American Red Cross
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer
- Tennessee Electric Cooperative Association - disaster relief efforts
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Union County 4-H
- United Way of Greater Stark County
- United Way of Putnam County
- Worthington Resource Pantry
To request a grant from the foundation, complete this form.
- Grant application deadlines: March 9, 2023; July 14, 2023; and November 6, 2023.
- Grants will be awarded no later than: March 31, 2023; August 1, 2023; and November 30, 2023.
To support The Community Foundation of Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives, please select us as your charity of choice in the Amazon Smile Rewards program. 100% of all proceeds earned go directly to the foundation’s treasury.
For more information, contact email@example.com.